Cape Cod is a popular destination, especially during the holiday season. If you're planning to visit Cape Cod during this time, here are some activities and places you might consider exploring:
- Holiday Lights Displays: Check out festive lights displays, which are often set up in various towns and villages on Cape Cod. Some notable displays include the "Gardens Aglow" at Heritage Museums & Gardens in Sandwich.
- Christmas Strolls: Many towns on Cape Cod organize Christmas strolls where local shops and businesses participate in holiday-themed events. Hyannis, Chatham, and Provincetown are known for their charming strolls.
- Shopping: Explore the unique boutiques and shops for holiday shopping. You can find locally made crafts, art, and other special gifts. Check out the craft fairs and the shops on Main Street in Hyannis, Chatham and Falmouth, (Celebrations has everything you need for a holiday gift!)
- Beach Walks: While it might be too cold for swimming, taking a stroll along the beaches can be serene during the winter months. The Cape Cod National Seashore offers beautiful coastal landscapes.
- Cape Cod Rail Trail: If you enjoy outdoor activities, consider biking or walking along the Cape Cod Rail Trail, which spans through several towns. Check out the Polar Express!
- Cape Cod National Seashore: Enjoy the natural beauty of the Cape Cod National Seashore. While some facilities may be closed during the winter, the scenic landscapes are still worth exploring.
- Lighthouses: Visit some of Cape Cod's iconic lighthouses. They can be especially picturesque during the winter months.
Remember to check local event calendars for specific holiday events happening during your visit. Enjoy your time on Cape Cod!