Welcome to Cape Cod! You're in for a treat because there's plenty to see and do in this beautiful area. Here are some recommendations to help you make the most of your time on Cape Cod:
- Explore Cape Cod National Seashore: This pristine stretch of coastline spans 40 miles and offers stunning beaches, walking trails, and scenic vistas. Be sure to visit popular spots like Coast Guard Beach and Nauset Light Beach.
- Visit Provincetown: This vibrant and artistic town at the tip of Cape Cod is known for its rich history, picturesque streets, and lively atmosphere. Explore art galleries, enjoy delicious seafood, and take a stroll along Commercial Street.
- Take a ferry to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket: Both nearby islands are renowned for their charming small towns, beautiful beaches, and quaint atmosphere. A day trip or weekend getaway to either island is a must-do when visiting Cape Cod.
- Enjoy Outdoor Activities: Cape Cod offers opportunities for hiking, biking, kayaking, and fishing. You can explore the Cape Cod Rail Trail, rent a kayak to paddle through the calm waters of Cape Cod Bay, or join a fishing charter to catch some local seafood.
- Visit Cape Cod's Charming Towns: Explore the unique character of towns like Chatham, Falmouth, and Sandwich. Each town has its own charm, with lovely Main Streets, historic sites, and local shops and restaurants.
- Learn About Maritime History: Visit the Cape Cod Maritime Museum in Hyannis or the Heritage Museums & Gardens in Sandwich to learn about the region's seafaring heritage and enjoy beautiful gardens.
- Enjoy Fresh Seafood: Cape Cod is famous for its seafood, so be sure to indulge in some freshly caught lobster, clams, or oysters at one of the many seafood shacks or restaurants.
- Attend a Summer Festival: Cape Cod hosts numerous festivals and events during the summer months. Check out the Cape Cod Melody Tent in Hyannis for live music performances or explore the Cape Cod Scallop Fest in East Falmouth for delicious seafood and entertainment.
- Go Whale Watching: Cape Cod is one of the best places in the world for whale watching. Hop on a whale watching tour from Provincetown or Barnstable and witness the majestic creatures in their natural habitat.
- Relax on the Beaches: Cape Cod boasts numerous beautiful beaches. Whether you prefer the calm waters of Cape Cod Bay or the crashing waves of the Atlantic Ocean, there's a beach for everyone. Some popular options include Craigville Beach, Mayflower Beach, and Corporation Beach.
Enjoy your time exploring picturesque Cape Cod and understand why people return again and again! If you want to make it permanent, ERA knows Cape Cod and is backed with 50 years of experience helping clients find their dream homes. Give us a call.