Warm and sunny days are fast approaching. Spring is in the air. There are a lot of fun things to do on Cape Cod this spring including family-friendly events and adult activities.
1. The Cape Cod Pirate Festival: Ahoy me hearties! The pirate festival is enjoying its second season in Cape Cod. The festival will be open for two weekends, June 4th and 5th and June 11th & 12th, offering a great family adventure in West Yarmouth. The festival includes pirate shows, pirate music, games ( you can try your luck at ax or knife throwing…only if mom says it’s ok), and a pirate’s market. Food and drink vendors will keep you and your family refreshed and full of life throughout your visit.
2. Brewster in Bloom: The town of Brewster will be celebrating its 36th annual 3-day festival from April 29th to May 1st, 2022, and you are invited! There are plenty of activities planned for you to enjoy a little local spring color. The festival will kick off with an indoor concert before moving outside to Drummer Boy Park. At Drummer Boy Park you will peruse the wares of local vendors and artists. Residents and businesses are invited to participate in the “Brewster in Bloom Lawn Display Contest” earlier in the month. Your family will have fun taking a stroll through the community to view the winning entries with awards including “Best in Show”, “Most Humorous” and “Most Original”. A 5k run/walk will be held on Saturday morning and the festival wraps up on Sunday with a parade celebrating local heroes.
3. Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail: The sand sculpture trail has been celebrated for the last 10 years running. Local businesses participate by hosting a unique sculpture created by Fitzysnowman Sculpting. The Yarmouth Chamber of commerce provides a downloadable trail map to the family friendly sculptures. Construction usually begins in the middle of May. You can take a look at last year’s trail map while we await the updated map for 2022.
4. Live Music: After enjoying a day on the beach, shopping, whale watching, paddle boarding, biking, a round of golf, or any of the other fun things to do on Cape Cod you can unwind in the evening with a little live music and a drink or two. Cape Cod has quite a few music venues including the Melody Tent in Hyannis, The Music Room Cape Cod in West Yarmouth, and the Payomet Performing Arts Center in North Truro. The Music Room Cape Cod offers an intimate musical experience with world class musicians in a plethora of musical styles including blues, rock, country, folk, jazz, and gospel.
5. The AWSC Shark Center: Shark teeth can be fun to explore…but only in a very controlled environment. The Shark Center in Chatham will be hosting an educational program geared toward 1st -4th graders in April. At the event, participants will learn all about shark teeth and fossils. Kids, and shark enthusiasts alike, can explore the center through interactive exhibits, videos, and displays to learn a lot of fun and interesting things about great white sharks. Special events are updated regularly. A visit to the Shark Center is a great rainy day activity!
There is a lot of fun to be had on Cape Cod this spring. ERA Cape Real Estate agents are here to help you find your perfect Cape Cod residence and become a permanent part of this vibrant community.